Tuesday, August 31, 2010

library time.

As many of you may know, I graduated from the Business College and am now at the University of Utah. What many of you don't know, is that this school (university of utah) was first held in my great great great grandfathers house. I may have forgotten, or added, an extra great in there. Even though this massive school once began in my ancestors (john pack) small house, I don't get any cool scholarship or any aid of any sort.

I don't know what I started by telling you that almost unnecessary story. At any rate, I'm in the library now trying to catch up on all the reading and other homework I have not done. With family in town on the first week of school, it makes it rather hard to stay on top of things. I guess the point of this post was to point out the fact that the library, here at school, is amazing.

At my old school, there were signs all over the library telling people to not use their phones. With all the reminders you would still have the Brazilians phones ringing with some crappy black eyed peas ringtone, which they would answer, and proceed to talk at the ridiculous volume.

As mentioned, I am now sitting in the Marriot Library on campus and there are no signs (that I saw) and i haven't heard one phone go off. and I think I only see one Brazilian.



ps. I understand that i make very ignorant claims at brazilians being loud and annoying, with that said, brazilians make it easy for me to make those claims.

reminder: the motto for this blog is "get offended or get over it."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I graduation from the Business College"

nylon baby said...

hard to rant and spell check...thank you "anonymous".