Wednesday, October 20, 2010

beards for boobs


For the last six months I have only clean shaven my face a couple of times. I normally sport the day old scruff look. I had missed a couple more days than usual and I was at work one night and it was decided (without my approval) that our "team" would be growing beards for the winter. I thought that was a good idea....nope. I don't like the idea of, what I call, half shaving. It's when you take the time to shave portions of your face. Some people it's just the neck, and for others it's a little more complicated. I like how Beckham does it, all or nothing.

So as it goes, I left the clippers in the cabinet and left my face alone. I thought the idea of not shaving for work was a little dumb so I would tell people a variety of responses. Last weekend I told someone that I was growing it in support of the chilean miners, but then I was told that they were rescued. I then started saying that it was for breast cancer and I will not shave until there is a cure. I then realized that would never happen, so for the time being I have no reason to keep the beard. There are only 3 of us who have not shaved since the goal began, and winter hasn't even started yet.... For now I guess I will just continue with this beaver pelt on my face. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not, but the colour of my beard doesn't match the hair on my head.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

better give my team mate on skate 3 a beard now.

nylon baby said...

i'm a team mate on skate 3? that's most likely the most skating I have done all year.