Thursday, October 4, 2007

road trip vet

I have always had a love hate relationship with road trips. As a kid my whole family would drive from Winnipeg to Alberta every year to visit my Grandparents and more or less the rest of my extended family. For one reason or another i could never pack enough things to do for the long boreing 14 hour drive. i would bring crayons, markers, coloring books, regular books, travel games, Game boy etc. Nomatter what i had I would always be "soooo bored".

Later on I started to not bring as many things. My list would be a camera, skate mags and some paper with markers. I would still get bored. Skate Trips are a whole other story. I would bring next to nothing that would keep my mind off the length of the trip and I would somehow manage to never get bored (Even with a nine hour detour).

I am right now on the 2nd stage of the longest road trip i've done. This time all I've brought is a computer, ipod and drawing supplys. We've clocked in 23 hours so far and i am yet to be bored and i have only turned on my computer once to watch a movie. I think i may finaly have figured it out.

if you've read this much i'm sorry. this is the first entry in my years of blogging that i don't think applies to anyone but myself. sorry, i wish i could repay time.

ps. does anyone else watch Americas Next Top Model?

oh yeah check this out, pretty rad stuff http://www.gatoheroi.com

No comments: