Friday, February 20, 2009

Canada

I am not the patriotic type. The fact that I am a Canadian living the states doesn't bother me, i don't feel like i have "lost my identity" or "abandoned my home" or the slew of other things I have heard over the last couple years. I would love to live in Canada just like anywhere else. Anyway, my dad sent me a funny e-mail yesterday about facts of Canadian history.
Here are just a couple.

-Baseball is Canadian - First game June 4, 1838 - Ingersoll , ON
-Basketball is Canadian
-Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to Germany
-Our civil war was fought in a bar and lasted a little over an hour.
-We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, Velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin, zambonis and the telephone.
-A Canadian invented Superman.

No comments: